WE works mainly by developing supportive partnership with local community-based worker centers in mainland China, to empower and strengthen workers by:
- Information provision on labour rights;
- Publication of labour bulletin;
- Forming workers＊ mutual groups;
- Facilitation of discussion about labour issues among workers;
- Conducting research related to labour right, employment, join hand with academic intuitions;
- Response to labour-related consultation by the Government;
- Skill training and capacity building activities.
WE also provide labour right education programme: pre-departure and arrival training, throughout the process of worker migration.
- WE works closely with community worker centres in Southern China though mutual partnership.
- WE provides training and advise in various different aspects, including labour right awareness, organization skill, capacity building, networking, advocacy tactics, funding application and operational skill, etc.
- At the same time, the local worker centres build up wide and well recognized network with migrant workers though reliable information provision of labour rights and worker-based programmes.
- WE values worker involvement in the community worker centres.
- Workers are actively participates in the daily programme of WE＊s partner centres. For example, we involved trained workers to provide peer-to-peer Labour Law consultation to others workers. Their experience and worker-oriented perspective set up example to encourage workers to act positively and actively.
- Most of the crew of WE＊s partner centres are former workers in the community and participated in the centre as volunteers and trained workers for a long time. The affinity and relevant experiential knowledge enhance close relationship with the workers in the community.
- Workers volunteering in WE＊s partner centres structurally involved in the organization of centres by regular meeting and joining the planning of activities.
Comments Off on How does WE work ?
web admin on June 29th 2007